Monday, June 7, 2010

Daybook 6/7/2010


Outside my window...
are many beautiful roses to remind me of my daddy and my husband

I am listening to...
the washing machine and my youngest daughter laughing

I am wearing...
pajama pants and a tank top
I am thankful for...
my children loving ice hockey - it's such a great place to be when the temperatures are already over 100!!!

I am pondering...
when I'll be able to do a post that is NOT a daybook...lol

I am reading...
the same stuff I was reading last week...haven't really had an opportunity to read at all last week
From the kitchen...
fasting dishes this week, using lots of recipes from evlogia. Definitely need to get the grocery list in order and make a trip there today.

I am thinking...
that I really need to send my mom some flowers this week...my parent's wedding anniversary is midweek and I would imagine she will be pretty sad

I am creating...
new schedules for schooling and cleaning
Towards a living education...
we will be schooling this summer to make up for time off during my dad's illness and death and also during our move. This week we return to math, reading, science and history.

Beauty in the home...
the master bathroom and bedroom are complete, both are really simple and relaxing. I've been working on the extra bedroom and the school room. This week I will continue to work on those as well as help the children finish their rooms.

The domestic church...
plans to attend liturgy this Thursday and youth group on Friday
I am hoping and praying...
that I will be able to be abstinent from overeating this week for more than 3 days
for friends and family with health issues
for friends and family with job issues

In the garden...
we've been able to enjoy the beautiful flowers my husband planted
One of my favorite things...
a daughter who didn't give up this weekend when things felt hopeless - she tried out for an all girls hockey team and although she didn't make the team, by not giving up, she impressed the coaches so much they want her to practice with the team so she will be ready next year

A few plans for the rest of the week...
hockey, hockey, hockey, violin, time with friends, lots of cleaning, lots of schooling, hockey tryouts for stinkbug

A picture thought I'm sharing...
A view of our entry towards the front door...I love our icon wall and the table was my mother's day/birthday gift this year.

2 comments:

leah said...

Your entry is beautiful! And Happy Belated Birthday. I imagine our birthdays are very close. :)

Pres. Kathy said...

WOW! Love your entryway!