Monday, May 31, 2010

Daybook 5/31/10


Outside my window...It's already promising to be a hot one but I have beautiful rose bushes to see... 2 from the previous owners and 4 that my dear husband planted

I am listening to...
quiet...ahhh

I am wearing...
a white nightgown with faded pink flowers

I am thankful for...
a husband who got up early on his
day off to go get me coffee and has been out working in the yard to get it looking awesome!!!

I am pondering...
grief - the complexity of emotions that seem to spring up from nowhere

I am reading...

From the kitchen...
the fast begins. I will create our menus this evening and plan a trip to get groceries on Tuesday. Hopefully we will be able to have at least 4 meals cooked at home again this week.

I am thinking...
that a trip to visit my mom definitely needs to happen in the next few weeks...God willing, of course :)

I am creating...
a fun and comfortable school room...still painting that furniture. My guess is about 8 weeks to get it all done.

Towards a living education...
a day off to spend with dad, a day off to get lots of errands done, a day off to get SugarCake moved, hmmm...it looks like there won't be a whole lot of education going on this week

Beauty in the home...
I got sidetracked thinking about some very cool projects for our extra bedroom. I did manage to tackle our "formal dining room," aka gameroom, aka sorting room (until we finish moving). It is a lot less stressful to not see it piled with things to unpack.

The domestic church...
plans to attend liturgy with other homeschoolers on Thursday.

I am hoping and praying...
that friends and family will have peace as they await news on some stressful situations. That I will be able to return to Overeater's Anonymous this week as I attempt to come out of relapse...St. Michael pray for me!!!

In the garden...
my dear husband has been working so very hard. He's cleaned out the beds and planted new flowers. He's been working on some rough spots in the grass and it looks like he plans to put down mulch in the beds.

One of my favorite things...
going to liturgy and then lunch with dear friends (my daughters' godfamily). May God bless them abundantly for all the blessings they bring to our lives!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
hockey, NO dance - except for Saturday, liturgy, time with SugarCake to sort her "stuff," lot of errands, lots of unpacking, lots of cleaning at the old house and new (okay, I think I need a nap just thinking about it!)

A picture thought I'm sharing...
THIS is the picture thought I've been wanting to share. This was found (or rather this found me) in a Half Price Bookstore in Dallas,TX. I'm still speechless of the beauty of this icon not to mention finding it in a used bookstore!!!

Blessings!
theresesophia

3 comments:

DebD said...

what a beautiful icon how what a wonderful what it found its way into your home.

How lovely to have a husband who does yard work on his own!

hugs.

Anonymous said...

Our lunches bring us much joy.

leah said...

What an amazing find--I can't believe you found it at Half Price books! It's beautiful.