Monday, March 22, 2010

Daybook 3-22-10

Outside my window...
is a beautiful spring afternoon and a few leftover snowballs from yesterday.

I am listening to...
a TV show...Clean House...hoping for some inspiration

I am wearing...
a long sleeve STARS tee, a STARS ball cap, blue jeans, and sneakers

I am thankful for...
Stinkbug's dental emergency last week turning into a huge blessing...his tooth cracked while eating and it ended up being a baby tooth that needed to come out

I am pondering...

why there are so many things that need to be done to SIMPLIFY one's life

I am reading...
Worst Case by James Patterson

From the kitchen...
there will be pasta with marinara for supper and if I can get to the grocery store tomorrow we may actually be able to eat more than one meal at home this week. We will also attempt the vegan chocolate chip cake that we did not get to last week

I am thinking...
that I need to start preparing for Pascha...outfits, gifts, plans, food

I am creating...
lots of lists right now... errands, phone calls, homeschool plans, home repairs

Toward a living education...
I will be changing our science focus from physics to nature. I am hoping that the spring will bring us the opportunity for nature walks and gardening. We will be using Exporing Creation through Botany, at the suggestion of a very dear friend.

Beauty in the home...
will hopefully be accomplished this week by painting the master bathroom, cleaning the master bedroom, and cleaning out the pantry.

The Domestic Church...
we will begin our preparations for Pascha, we will be listening to some podcasts from Under the Grapevine if I can figure out how to download podcasts.

I am hoping and praying...
that very dear friends of ours will see improved health over the coming months. My friend just received a pacemaker and his daughter is very ill. The doctors are unsure what is causing her illness so I am praying that the doctors in Houston will not only be able to give them a diagnosis but also a cure as well.

In the garden...
there is still everything to do, luckily we did not start on our garden or the snow would have destroyed it.

One of my favorite things...
going on a date with my husband to the STARS game...even better when they win (which they did)

A few plans for the rest of the week...
a celebration of my husband's birthday, a hockey playoff game for Stinkbug and Rosebud, back to dance and rehearsals for Princess after a week for spring break, back to hockey and ballet for Sugarcake...in other words, mom is back to living in the suburban (sigh!)

Blessings!!!
theresesophia

No comments: