Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Book Review - The Whipping Boy

Although this was a very cute story, it lacked the quality that I expect from a Newberry Medal book.  The kids didn't seem too impressed either.  The story traces the adventures of a prince and his whipping boy.  Some nice reflections on friendships.

We do have a fun project planned and I'm excited to see the results.  Over the next few days, the kids will "adapt" the book to something I will video tape this weekend.  I'm very anxious to see their creative minds at work.

In love and recovery,
ThereO

1 comment:

Pres. Kathy said...

I used to read this story to my students when I was a teacher. I used to read it out loud and had the kids practice taking notes. Then they could use their notes for the test. It wasn't that great, but the kis thought some parts were funny. Another topic my students always discussed was the king's selfishness. I hope the kids have fun with their project!