Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009

Welcome 2009!  So glad you are here!  

Actually, I found this new year's celebration very different for me.  Perhaps it is the ONE DAY AT A TIME mentality that has become my way of life in the past 10 months.  In years' past, the change of years has always been a big deal for me.  I loved being able to put a close to the stress and difficulties of the old year and look to the promise of the new year.  However, usually by the second week of January (and 2008 didn't even take that long) I could see that the new year was no different from any of the ones before and the grind would continue.  Becoming a part of a 12 step recovery program opened my eyes to see that I DAILY have the opportunity to put an end to the stress and difficulties of the day and look to the promise of a new day.  Every evening is "new year's eve" and every morning is "a new year."  And I don't have to worry that I won't have kept my "resolutions" by February... I need only work on myself for TODAY.

Or maybe I'm just getting old....

In love and recovery,
ThereO

No comments: